POINTERS ON THE PATH OF AWAKENING
1. I do not know the way home
Is it not He Who knows the way to you? You need not know the way to Him. Ask and receive. But do not make demands, nor point the road to God by which He should appear to you. Lesson 189
2. I don't have to know the way home.
The way to reach Him is merely to let Him be. For in that way is your reality proclaimed as well. .... Salvation's ways are not our own, for they belong to You. And it is unto You we look for them. Our hands are open to receive Your gifts. Lesson 189
3. I only need to know how to get myself out of the way as I am the problem.
Father, we do not know the way to You. But we have called, and You have answered us.
We will not interfere. Lesson 189
4. I only need to allow the obstacles to awakening to be removed by the light of spirit.
Your part is simply to allow all obstacles that you have interposed between the Son and God the Father to be quietly removed forever. God will do His part in joyful and immediate response. Ask and receive. Lesson 189
5. I do not remove the obstacles.
You are still convinced that your understanding is a powerful contribution to the truth, and makes it what it is. Yet we have emphasized that you need understand nothing. Salvation is easy just because it asks nothing you cannot give right now. T-18.IV.7:5-7
6. My part is to undo denial and look at the obstacles, my judgement of myself and others, with acceptance. This is forgiveness.
Forgiveness ... is still, and quietly does nothing. .... It merely looks, and waits, and judges not.
7. I need not try and change my ego or another's but learn to gently smile at the ego.
Today we smile on everyone we see, and walk with lightened footsteps as we go to do what is appointed us to do. W-pI.123.4:3
8. I do not need to fight the ego or love it as this would make it real.
The ego is nothing more than a part of your belief about yourself. Your other life has continued without interruption, and has been and always will be totally unaffected by your attempts to dissociate it. T-4.VI.1:6-7
9. I need to see the world as a classroom where I take my small daily steps of forgiveness. Awakening is a process.
I will forgive, and this will disappear. .....To every apprehension, every care and every form of suffering, repeat these selfsame words. And then you hold the key that opens Heaven's gate, and brings the Love of God the Father down to earth at last, to raise it up to Heaven. God will take this final step Himself. Do not deny the little steps He asks you take to Him. Lesson 193
10. I need do nothing if I create a space in my mind for spirit to enter and guide my life. Surrender will take me home.
To do nothing is to rest, and make a place within you where the activity of the body ceases to demand attention. Into this place the Holy Spirit comes, and there abides. He will remain when you forget, and the body's activities return to occupy your conscious mind. T-18.VII.7:7-9
2005, with thanks to Kenneth Wapnick for the inspiration.